Reliance-SIBUR JV to Start Commercial Operation of Butyl Rubber Plant

Reliance-SIBUR JV to Start Commercial Operation of Butyl Rubber Plant

  • 21-Mar-2019 9:00 PM
  • Journalist: Patrick Knight

Reliance Sibur Elastomers Private Limited, the Joint Venture between Reliance and SIBUR for Butyl Rubber manufacturing has been completed at Jamnagar and the facility is expected to start first phase of commercial operation by the end of 2019. Increasing demand for tubeless tyres in South-East Asia region has impacted the demand for butyl rubber in the region. The butyl rubber plant has a production capacity of 120 KTA, in which Reliance holds 74.9% stake and the remaining share of 25.1% held by Sibur International. Reliance will do the marketing of butyl rubber in India and Asia whereas Sibur will look after China, Korea and other South East Asian countries.



Track Real Time Prices

Related News

Sharp Decline in Chinese Butyl Rubber Market Despite Automotive Industry Recovery: Factors and Projections
  • 01-Jun-2023 2:11 PM
  • Journalist: Harold Finch
Depleting Market Demand Causing the Consistent Drop in US Butyl Rubber Prices
  • 22-May-2023 5:56 PM
  • Journalist: Francis Stokes
ExxonMobil Celebrates the Opening of its Butyl and Resins Plants in Singapore
  • 05-Apr-2019 9:00 PM
  • Journalist: Patrick Knight
Maruti Suzuki Resumes Production at Manesar, Prompts a Ray of Hope for the Elastomer Industry
  • 12-May-2020 12:00 PM
  • Journalist: Timothy Greene