[Online Quarterly Update] India Liquid Sulphur Dioxide market demand stood at 27.34 Thousand Tonnes in FY2021 and is forecast to reach 43.89 Thousand Tonnes by FY2030, growing at a healthy CAGR of 5.40% until FY2030. Sulphur Dioxide is a chemical compound with the formula SO2 and is a toxic gas with a pungent odor. Sulphur Dioxide naturally occurs as a volcanic gas and in solution in the waters of some warm springs. The gas is industrially prepared by the reaction of metallic sulphite or a metallic bisulphite with dilute acid. The gas can be liquefied at moderate pressures at room temperatures; the liquid has a freezing point of −73° C (−99.4° F) and boiling point of −10° C (14° F) at atmospheric pressure. Increasing use of Liquid Sulphur Dioxide for manufacturing Sulphuric Acid which is an important chemical in the fertilizer as well as the chemical industry and Sodium Hydrosulfite which is used as a bleaching agent in various end-user industries such as the textile and paper and pulp industry would spur the demand for Liquid Sulphur Dioxide in India.
High cost and hazardous nature are the major factors restraining the Liquid Sulphur Dioxide market in India. Demand for Liquid Sulphur Dioxide is anticipated to improve in the coming years due to rising demand from various end-users such as fertilizer and water treatment industry owing to its ability to treat chlorinated wastewater. The increasing use of Liquid Sulphur Dioxide in the production of various industrial chemicals is gaining popularity and accounts for the largest market share. The demand for Liquid Sulphur Dioxide is likely to rise from the food segment where it is being used as an antimicrobial agent and as a preservative in the food processing industry along with its increasing usage in refineries for kerosene refining. These factors would contribute to the growth of the Liquid Sulphur Dioxide demand in the country.
COVID-19 has introduced a few obstacles in the market growth of Liquid Sulphur Dioxide is used as an antioxidant and preservative in the food and beverage industry. It can trigger asthma in sensitive people if taken in high quantities.
Years Considered for this Report:
Historical Years: FY2015– FY2020
Base Year: FY2021
Estimated Year: FY2022
Forecast Period: FY2023 – FY2030
This report will be delivered on an online digital platform with a one-year subscription and quarterly update.
Objective of the Study:
• The primary objective of the study was to evaluate and forecast Liquid Sulphur Dioxide capacity, production, demand, inventory, and demand–supply gap in India.
• To categorize Liquid Sulphur Dioxide demand based on end use, grade, region, and sales channel.
• To study trade dynamics and company share in India Liquid Sulphur Dioxide market.
• To identify major customers of Liquid Sulphur Dioxide in India.
• To evaluate and forecast Liquid Sulphur Dioxide pricing by grade in the India Liquid Sulphur Dioxide market.
• To identify and profile major companies operating in India Liquid Sulphur Dioxide market.
• To identify major news, deals, and expansion plans in the India Liquid Sulphur Dioxide market.